- First off, Eric Gordon highlights of him shooting from just about mid-court in Crisler make me sick. That being said I think Eric will be a stud in the NBA despite his size.
- A side note on Eric Gordon: Eric says the “Big Ten is more of a grind out game” and helps his toughness. I guess this is one way of looking at what is often times a negative stereotype of the Big Ten.
- Joe Alexander off the board at #8. How much of an effect Beilein had on Alexander (who credits Beilein for his offensive knowledge and is a former 3 star recruit) is up for debate. However I do find this article interesting which talks about Alexander shooting drastically less three pointers this year and how much it improved his game. Alexander shot 40-131 (30.5%) his sophomore year compared to DeShawn’s 43-142 for a near identical 30.2%. Alexander shot only 41 threes last year and he is standing on stage in New York City. Shooting less three’s isn’t necesarily Beilein-esque but I would love to see DeShawn develop more of a post and mid-range game this year.
- Darius Morris is at the Nike Steve Nash Skills Camp this week and that means he probably won’t be in Ann Arbor until sometime this weekend because the Nash camp runs Wednesday to Friday with departures Saturday.
- Franklin becoming a prime target nationally ($)
Also listed at #8 in ESPN’s top 30 NBPA performers.
- The Renn Duo has landed: Malik Hairston 48 and Joe Crawford 58.
- Updated Visitors Confirmed: Nate Lubick, Ben Simmons, and Jordan Morgan.