- If you missed it yesterday: The practice facility design was finalized and approved and I also broke down the center position for the upcoming season.
- Trey Zeigler and Ray McCallum are officially visiting Oklahoma this weekend.
- Casey Prather will also be back on the road, heading to Gainesville, Florida to watch the Florida/Tennessee game.
- Per Jeff Goodman on Twitter, Marquette freshman Junior Cadougan suffered a torn Achilles today and will likely be out for the season. Marquette is a potential opponent for Michigan in round 2 of the Old Spice Classic and hopes were high for Cadougan, a top 100 recruit. Marquette already last year’s stellar backcourt of Jerel McNeal, Dominic James, and Wesley Matthews to graduation.
- Andy Katz has a fascinating, disturbing, and thorough look at the ill-effects of agents on the world of college basketball. This is just one of many problems that plagues the game. It feels like there is a feature story on a new problem every week.
- It doesn’t look like top 150 recruit Diamond Taylor or freshman walk-on Jeremy Glover will ever play a game in Madison. The duo was arrested 10 days ago for burglary and underage drinking, Taylor has reportedly withdrawn from school while Glover was kicked off the team.
- Jeff Goodman examines who is the deepest team in America. Michigan will face Kansas, one of Goodman’s three choices. Goodman points out how ridiculous it is that Travis Releford is the 13th man on Kansas’ roster, “Imagine having Travis Releford as arguably the 13th man on your roster – or boasting a freshman that was ranked in everyone’s Top 50 players in the nation a year ago as your 13th man. “
- 2011 Chesterton big man Mitch McGary picked up an offer from Purdue, other Big Ten schools recruiting McGary include Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State.
- 2011 combo forward Justin Gant will be unofficially visiting Notre Dame this weekend, he was in Ann Arbor last weekend.
- Moses Morgan, a one time Michigan target, appears to be down to Indiana and DePaul.