A young Kevin Garnett from the SI Vault
Today is the first day of the early signing period for the class of 2010. There are not expected to be any surprises as Evan Smotrycz and Tim Hardaway Jr. are both expected to sign. As has been reported for sometime, Trey Zeigler will not sign a letter of intent today, opting instead to wait until the spring signing period. Michigan, UCLA, and Central Michigan among others remain in strong position for his services.
- But I Can’t Work in Fast Food All My Life
The Big Ten Geeks are moving up in the world and they will blog at BigTenNetwork.com this year
- John Beilein stopped by WTKA for some radio action, podcast here (MP3).
- Mike Rothstein is chatting hoops over at Ann Arbor.com at noon EST (right now). I’m looking to do a live chat coming up on here if that would be something people would be interested. Rothstein also chatted with Tim over at MGoBlog about the upcoming season.
- In league rankings, power shifts to the Midwest
Andy Katz ranks the conferences, readers of this site probably won’t be surprised that the Big Ten comes in at #1.
- Tempo-Free Stats for Dummies
If you are new around here, this is a must read. Tempo free stats are a key part of the analysis that I use and KJ does a wonderful job breaking them down.
- Minnesota freshman White under suspicion for laptop theft
Stealing a laptop weeks after you were suspended for shoplifting is probably one of the stupidest things imaginable.
- New with Recruiting on StatSheet – Summary
Some very cool new recruiting information on Stat Sheet to play around with