Here’s John Beilein following his team’s 87-71 win over Bryant at Crisler Arena.
Be sure to check out our post-game interviews with Darius, Tim and Zack as well. We also have notes and quotes from Beilein’s presser after the jump.
- Michigan knew Bryant could shoot coming in, but the Wolverines also knew they could score points on them. “We had to realize who the shooters were.” Guarding a 5-man “pick-and-pop” was real difficult. “We weren’t prepared for it.”
- Sees how a team without great focus could have been upset tonight based on how Bryant shot the ball. 21 assists against three turnovers point to Michigan’s focus. “You’re focused if you have 3 turnovers in a game. I don’t care who you’re playing.”
- On Darius Morris: “I love watching guys get better because they’re self-starters.” Did a lot of work this off-season to be where he is. “Really evolving as a player.” Probably should have had a few more assists.
- Darius is able to create more off the ball screens they set for him in the middle and at the top of the key. He and Lavall Jordan have been “a good marriage.” The two of them have a strong bond right now.
- Thought Bryant came in with a good strategy if Michigan had an off night. Tim Hardaway Jr., Evan Smotrycz and Darius all shot great. “Good strategy if we don’t shoot the ball well. We did.”
- Not sure what Evan did, but he seemed okay. Will get the injury report later.
- Regretting how scheduling worked out, but not much they could do with this being the first day the team could play after exams.
- Jordan Dumars’ grades haven’t been posted yet. Expect to know by Tuesday.