One of the many renovations that will be made to Crisler Arena this off season is the installation of new video screens. TS Sports, the company responsible for upgrades at the Bradley Center (Bucks), American Airlines Arena (Mavericks/Stars) and Value City Arena (Ohio State), will be implementing the new design. Here are the details from the release as well as a rendering (right):
In conjunction with Phase I of the Crisler Arena renovations, TS Sports will replace the current center-hung scoreboard which was installed in 1998.
“The new video system at Crisler Arena is a basketball fan’s dream,” said Vice President of Sales Matt Ritter. “The system will feature 14 LED video displays from Lighthouse Technology tracking all major events throughout the game – instant replays, fan shots, hustle stats, animations, graphics and much more.”
The new center-hung at Crisler Arena will consist of 14 LED video displays:
· Four (4) 12’ x 16.8’ Pi10 10mm main displays
· Four (4) 6.28’ x 16.8’ Pi10 10mm scoring displays
· Four (4) 6.28’ x 6.3’ Pi10 10mm advertising displays
· One (1) 2.1’ x 81.9’ Pi10 10mm top video ring display
· One (1) 2.1’ x 44.1’ Pi10 10mm bottom video ring display
New scoreboards will also be installed at Michigan Stadium and Yost Ice Arena as well, more details here.