Michigan held its annual post season basketball celebration this evening at the Crisler Center. To the surprise of no one, Trey Burke took home team MVP honors for the second consecutive season. Tim Hardaway Jr. earned most improved player while Jordan Morgan earned the defensive player award.
John Beilein addressed the media before the festivities and reported that no decisions had been reached in terms of Glenn Robinson III, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mitch McGary’s futures. The head coach also reported that he didn’t expect any attrition other than potential NBA early entries.
Here’s a full list of the hardware handed out at the team banquet.
• Bill Buntin Most Valuable Player Award: Trey Burke
• Rudy Tomjanovich Most Improved Player Award: Tim Hardaway Jr.
• Wayman Britt Outstanding Defensive Player Award: Jordan Morgan
• Steve Grote Hustle Award: Mitch McGary
• Thad Garner Leadership Award: Corey Person
• Travis Conlan Sportsmanship Award: Jon Horford
• Bodnar Award for Academic Achievement: Matt Vogrich
• Gary Grant Award for Most Assists: Trey Burke
• Loy Vaught Rebounding Award: Mitch McGary
• Award for Outstanding Free Throw Shooting: Nik Stauskas
• Sixth Man Award: Mitch McGary
• Iron Man Award: Glenn Robinson III