- Kelvin Grady Sort Of Kind Of Officially On The Football Team
I think this is a great move for Kelvin Grady. Disappointing that hoops didn’t work out but he has a chance to prove himself on the gridiron.
- Jordan Morgan won the CHSL’s Sam Madden Boys’ Basketball Award (his name should be posted soon)
“The Sam Madden Award, based on scholarship, sportsmanship, ability and citizenship, is presented each year to the outstanding scholar-athlete.” Congrats.
- Niagara Gazette – MEN’S BASKETBALL: Beilein gets NCCC job
Beilein leaving Michigan? Great to see another Beilein get a chance in the coaching industry.
- Scheduling: I mentioned last week that I wasn’t sure about Snyder’s scheduling notes (playing UConn not Duke). After a little digging, I’m now on the same page. It sounds like UConn will be playing in Ann Arbor, and Michigan won’t be making the trip to Durham.
- Blake McLimans: Blake played in the Miguel Respress Charity Classic over the weekend, no word on how he played. There is a rumor out there about a possibility that Blake might get a shot on the baseball field at Michigan. I am skeptical but it’s a testament to Blake’s athletic ability that he can throw a mid nineties fast ball.
- Patrick Lucas-Perry, Rick Dent, Glenn Cosey, Will Sams and more: standout hoopers at Border Battle tournament in Toledo
Quick update on PLP’s play this summer.
- Trey Zeigler Attracts Minnesota Offer ($)
Latest on Trey Zeigler
- Richard Solomon Disappoints (also a note on Darius Morris’ Windward teammate Wesley Saunders)
Per ESPN: One of the bigger disappointments of the weekend was 6-9 junior Richard Solomon (Los Angeles/ Price). His best basketball is down the road due to his slight frame, but other than strength he needs to continue to develop his face-up skills to play at the Division 1 level. He struggled scoring inside throughout the tournament.
- The next big recruiting scandal is waiting to happen
You don’t really have to look for a recruiting scandal in college basketball… You just have to open your eyes.
- Derrick Rose and the Age Limit
Kevin Pelton on the NBA age limit and the negative effect it has had on college basketball.
- Kentucky Really Needs to Start Doing the Opposite
Gasaway on the Kentucky mess.