- If you missed it: Tim Hardaway Jr. committed to Michigan yesterday and Jordan Morgan will miss 4 to 5 months with knee surgery.
- John Beilein was named U-M coach of the year by Wolverine Magazine as voted on by all the U-M coaches.
- Vogrich is pick to click as freshman at Michigan
Local fluff on Matt Vogrich
- Bartelstein took scenic route to Ann Arbor
And some more on Josh Bartelstein
- Student season ticket sales for U-M basketball takes huge jump
Over 2000 student tickets sold after selling only 480 last year. The bandwagon is open, I still feel like the student section needs to be expanded.
- Palmetto’s Tim Hardaway Jr. headed to Michigan
Miami Herald on the Tim Hardaway Jr. commit, averaged 25, 10, and 6 as a junior. The Wall Street Journal also mentions Tim’s commitment.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. named 2nd team all-state in Florida
- Regan Chooses Virginia
This isn’t a shock, and Michigan cooling on Regan has been well documented, but this is a good fit for the New York big man.
- Richmond, Thomas star at skills camp
Casey Prather named top defender at Vince Carter camp. No mention of Smotrycz but he reportedly played quite well. You have to remember that about 2/3 of these Nike camps are closed to the media.
- Knight, Selby on point at skills academy
McCallum named the top “floor general” by ESPN at the Deron Williams camp.
- Sam Webb talks Hardaway, Recruiting (WTKA audio)
- Jeff Jordan leaving team for academics. A surprising player continues to surprise. – Hail to the Orange
I’m late on this story, but good luck to Jeffery Jordan