- ‘A good man:’ Michigan’s Sims battles adversity to graduation – USATODAY.com
If you haven’t read this already, shame on you (although I’ll shoulder some of the blame since I haven’t posted it). Congrats to Peedi for graduating and sticking with it through thick and thin.
- Katenda Nets Georgetown Offer
Another offer for Katenda to go along with Notre Dame and Iowa. A Michigan offer will likely be made “official” once Katenda visits Ann Arbor. The NERR article mentions that Katenda was visiting his “long time advisor” Joe Toumou. I suppose it’s worth noting that Toumou is a Georgetown alum.
- NCAA tournament expansion through the years – College basketball – NBCSports.com
Expansion is nothing new for the NCAA tournament
- Ohio State’s next Evan Turner?
Apparently people are calling Lenzelle Smith the “next Evan Turner” but let’s remember that he’s ranked as their fourth best incoming freshman.
- Players skipping senior year for college
Indiana decommit Matt Carlino is following in Andre Dawkins (Duke) footsteps and enrolling early at UCLA, Scottie Wilbekin will be doing the same thing at Florida. Matt Winkeljohn breaks down this new trend of recruits skipping their senior year of high school to play college basketball.
- Former Michigan forward Anthony Wright might play at a Division II or NAIA school
Ant might try to play some hoops at a lower level next year
- What Good is an NLI, Anyway?
Josh from the BTG featured at Basketball Prospectus about the NLI issues that have been abundant this spring.
- How to seed a 68-team tournament
Gasaway featured on ESPN
- Hoops Recruiting: Latest on ’10 recruits, more
The Wolverine with a short update on Sykes and some other recruiting targets
- Looking at Depth Ratio for Northwestern
Looks like I might have to run some numbers and come up with a “depth ratio” for Michigan if everyone keeps utilizing KJ’s formula.
- Jamie Mottram, Sportif Yahoo Bloglord, Pushes ‘Portal Power’ | The New York Observer
Meta link about the success of blogging on a bigger more corporate scale
The fine folks at the M-Den have agreed to do some advertising on the site so if you are in the market for Michigan apparel, go buy it through this link (or the banners on the page).
- Hat-tip to KJ from The Only Colors for about half of these links. KJ also posted an interesting offensive review of MSU’s season.