- Last night was the first opportunity for fans to check out the newly renovated Crisler Arena. Fans stopped by to check out new seats and get some autographs and coaches and players answered a few questions about the redesigned Arena. There are also a number of photo galleries floating around: Detroit News, Michigan Basketball on Facebook, Free Press and Ann Arbor.com.
- Austin Hatch continues to improve and the most recent update to his Caring Bridge page is the most encouraging yet: “Austin is steadily improving in all dimensions. While there are tough moments,he responds quickly by keeping his eye on the prize—-getting home ASAP. This week, he started aquatic therapy in a pool where he can practice "running" in a safe manner. He dearly misses his friends and school mates and is thankful he has access to a cell phone to keep in touch. He make so many calls, we’ve had to set a 10:00pm (Eastern) phone curfew.”
- 2014 Illinois guard Peyton Allen is on an unofficial visit to Michigan this weekend. Allen is drawing high major interest from around the midwest and beyond.
- 2012 commitment Nick Stauskas is also on campus for the weekend for his official visit. Stauskas also posted a diary feature (free link) on GoBlueWolverine recapping his summer and talking about the upcoming season.
- 2012 commitment Glenn Robinson III is scheduled to participate in the Under Armour Grind Session in Chicago this weekend. The event is an instruction focused combine in Chicago featuring 50 of the top prospects in the country. Check out a quick preview here.
- Pistons head coach Lawrence Frank will be the featured speaker at Michigan’s Coaches Clinic on October 22nd. LaVall Jordan and Jeff Meyer will also speak at the clinic followed by an open practice after lunch. Brochure and details here.