- Michigan continues to put the full court press on 2012 five star Mitch McGary as three Wolverine coaches traveled to Brewster Academy last night to stop in on McGary, from there the Michigan staff traveled to Indiana where they had a visit with McGary’s family. This was the third time in three weeks that U-M coaches have stopped in on McGary at Brewster.
- On Sam Webb’s WTKA recruiting roundup (7:45 mark) this morning he shared his opinion that Duke and Michigan are the top teams on McGary’s list. McGary continues to keep things close to the vest but it’s clear that things are heating up as the early signing period draws closer.
- Student basketball tickets are on sale now until Friday, October 7th.
- 2014 Indiana guard Aaron Brennan visited Michigan last weekend for the San Diego State game and will travel to Purdue this weekend and Iowa on October 15th. Brennan is rated the No. 19 prospect in Indiana’s class of 2014 by the Indy Star.
- Michigan stopped by Cincinnati Moeller, presumably taking a look at Josh Davenport.
- A couple other Ohio underclassmen receiving Michigan interest are profiled in this article including standout Luke Kennard (2015, already unofficially visited), 2014 wing Vincent Edwards (planning visit to U-M) and 2015 guard Amos “A.J.” Harris (U-M interest). Kennard, an incoming freshman, is a big time prospect despite only entering his freshman year and he’s a priority for the Michigan staff.
- Are Elite High School Recruits Necessary To Reach The Final Four?
One of our favorite hoops writers, Dan Hanner, examines the impact of recruiting on Final Four appearances analytically.
- Ohio State freshman sidelined by grades
Incoming Ohio State freshman LaQuinton Ross has been declared academically ineligible by the NCAA.