Some quick recruiting notes on a Friday morning with Michigan’s College Practice Camp just eight days away on the calendar and two weeks until John Beilein will extend his first batch of 2014 offers.
- 2014 guard Devin Booker tweeted that he is en route to Ann Arbor this afternoon to make an unofficial visit. Booker has emerged as one of Michigan’s top recruiting targets in the class of 2014 and has visited Ann Arbor several times over the last year including last year’s camp, a football game and the basketball win over Ohio State. Booker is regarded as a top 35 prospect nationally by all three major scouting services.
- 2014 Illinois native Keita Bates-Diop picked up a big offer from new Illinois head coach John Groce on Thursday evening. Bates-Diop is scheduled to visit Louisville unofficially this weekend before tripping to Ann Arbor for camp next weekend.
- The 2014 trio of Peyton Allen, Darreon Reddick and Darius Austin reportedly enjoyed their trips to Nebraska. All three prospects are scheduled to visit Butler this weekend while attending Brad Stevens’s Elite camp.
- 2013 shooter Reggie Cameron was invited to the Pangos All-American camp this weekend but won’t be participating because he’ll be taking the SAT on Saturday instead. Cameron reported that he is still weighing the possibility of attending Michigan’s College Practice Camp next weekend.
- 2015 phenom Karl Towns tweets that he is visiting Kentucky this weekend. Towns will play on the Dominican National team, which is coached by Kentucky head coach John Calipari, this summer. Towns is in Lexington to practice with the Dominican National Team.