With so much uncertainty in the world, this is no ordinary offseason.
The coronavirus has impacted aspects of life far more important than college basketball, but it has certainly made its presence felt on this site. While trying to brainstorm every idea to continue to grow amidst a global pandemic — and keep the servers running — we wanted to come up with a way a creative way to expand our community.
We know that not every Michigan basketball fan is in a position to purchase a UM Hoops subscription right now. We also are striving to continue to produce top-notch content, analysis and coverage every day despite the situation.
As a solution, we are introducing a sponsored membership program for the next month.
We are encouraging current members to purchase a gift for a friend and, in turn, we’ll sponsor a free six-month membership for any Michigan hoops fan who isn’t comfortable spending on a membership right now. For each gift membership that we sell over the next month, we’ll activate a free six-month membership for a potential reader who signs up for our sponsored email list.
If you are a current subscriber, we encourage you to buy a sponsored gift
Buying a sponsored gift subscription works like buying a regular gift subscription. You’ll receive a one-time use code to share with a friend for a year of access to UM Hoops.
Unlike a regular subscription, we’ll also gift an additional subscription to anyone who signs up on our sponsored list for Michigan basketball fans who aren’t comfortable splurging on a subscription.
If you don’t have anyone you want to share a gift with, simply forward the gift code back to us and we’ll share it with the sponsored list!
If you love Michigan basketball but aren’t in a position to buy a subscription right now
Just sign up to join our sponsored list. All it takes is an email address and you’ll be in the queue to receive a sponsored membership.
For each UM Hoops gift subscription purchased over the next month, we’ll choose someone from this list at random to receive a free six-month subscription.
If you aren’t a member yet but want to help
Buy an annual membership with promo code SPONSOR and we’ll sponsor a member in your name as well!
What you’ll get
While there hasn’t been much basketball over the last four months, we’ve still been busy. Here’s a list of recommended reads to catch up on for new members.
- Who is best equipped to replace Zavier Simpson and the on-ball/off-ball spectrum.
- A scouting breakdown of Kobe Bufkin’s game after a summer tournament in Fort Wayne.
- What Isaiah Livers’ return means to Michigan.
- An in-depth re-watch of Mike Smith versus Chaundee Brown when they faced off against each other last season.
- Will Tschetter’s unique path to Michigan
- On Saddi Washington’s persistence leading to an in-state commitment from Kobe Bufkin
- A break down of Will Tschetter’s film from a recent grassroots tournament in Iowa.
- Reflecting on Franz Wagner’s return and what’s next in his development.
- How Juwan Howard secured a commitment from Isaiah Barnes
- Defining priorities in a unique offseason
- Complete class of 2021 and 2022 hot boards with exclusive prospect videos.