- Crider adds Big Ten offer ($)
Markus Crider (pictured above), a 6’6″ 2011 wing from Dayton, OH, picked up a Michigan offer. Crider also has an offer from Wisconsin and visited Madison for Wisconsin’s win over Duke earlier this year.
- Wolverines Recruiting in Familiar Territory ($)
Scout article on Crider. Here’s his ESPN profile and scouting report. Crider is averaging 14.3 points and 8.3 rebounds per game while shooting 61% from the field but only 2-12 from three point range (stats) and was named to his all-conference first team.
- NCAA tournament expansion beginning to seem increasingly likely
Stewart Mandel breaks down the economics of the NCAA tournament expansion deal. Bonus: Picture of Crisler Arena on Selection Sunday last year.
- John Beilein is headed east to check out Evan Smotrycz in the NEPSAC playoffs tonight. I’m sure he’ll also use the opportunity to check out a number of other prospects in the region.
- E’Twaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson to return senior year!
The once “Baby Boilers” will be back as “Senior Boilers” next year
- Big Ten officials told: Just say yes to expansion
- Rutgers, Big Ten look like a match
Two expansion links from the Tribune. I’m all for expansion but Rutgers seems like a pretty weak choice.
- Crashing the Dance
My favorite bracket site, Crashing the Dance, has only four Big Ten teams in the NCAA tournament. Illinois has a chance to bolster their resume with a home game versus Wisconsin but who would have expected four Big Ten teams in the tournament before the season started?
- Campy Russell Podcast: Helping Bridge Fans With Cavaliers’ Past
Campy is the Director of Alumni Relations for the Cleveland Cavaliers… I didn’t even know a position like that existed.
- Michigan State players, Tom Izzo get boost from sleepover
MSU is preparing for the home stretch in their quest for the Big Ten championship with… a sleep over. On a more serious note, Michigan gets a few more days of preparation for Sunday’s game with Michigan State playing on Thursday night.