- Tim Hardaway Jr. was one of nine Big Ten players named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 list. The list of players representing the Big Ten includes Michigan State’s Draymond Green, Minnesota’s Trevor Mbakwe, Northwestern’s John Shurna, Ohio State’s William Buford, Aaron Craft and Jared Sullinger, Purdue’s Robbie Hummel, and Wisconsin’s Jordan Taylor.
- Michigan’s first exhibition game of the season is exactly one month away. Official practices begin in less than two weeks on October 15th. If you need something to hold you over until then we updated season highlights page and it now includes all of the team and player highlights from Josh Houchin as well as the 2011-12 hype video from The Faux Creative.
- Yesterday was a busy day for Mitch McGary news and another national writer added that he feels Michigan is the favorite for McGary’s services. Here’s Jeff Goodman’s take: “Hearing Mitch McGary leaning towards Michigan – per sources. No secret that summer coach Wayne Brumm is in John Beilein’s corner on this.”
- Sam Webb confirmed that John Beilein attended Drake Harris’s football game on Friday evening. Harris has made unofficial visits to Michigan for football games twice this fall.
- Jeff Meyer made a return trip to Wapahani, IN, to watch 2014 guard Grant Evans in open gym yesterday. Evans is one of many Michigan recruiting targets in the state of Indiana in the 2014 class.
- Michigan also reportedly stopped by the watch top-10 2014 prospect Cliff Alexander in Curie, IL, this afternoon. Alexander has scholarship offers from Wisconsin, Kansas and Providence.
- The New York Times examines unofficial visits in the current recruiting era while outlining NCAA concerns with the current system. Diamond Leung adds some analysis of the issues at ESPN’s College Basketball Nation.
- We’re making an effort to be more active on Facebook for this upcoming season and want to encourage you to like our fan page by clicking this link or clicking “Like” on the right-hand portion of the home page.