The latest on Michigan basketball commitments and recruiting targets from across the country including news, scouting tidbits, video highlights and more.
Mitch McGary – Commit
McGary had 14 points, 9 rebounds and 7 blocked shots in a three point win over Bridgton which capped off Brewster’s undefeated regular season run. We posted recent video of McGary last week against New Hampton and against Tilton. Brewster will open the NEPSAC Class AAA playoffs on Wednesday against Winchendon.
Glenn Robinson III – Commit
Robinson sat out Lake Central’s regular season finale to rest a foot injury but reiterated that he’ll be fine for tonight’s playoff opener against Munster. Lake Central will be looking for revenge after Munster ended their season last year in overtime – after Robinson hit a buzzer beater to extend the game. There’s even a hype video:
Nik Stauskas – Commit
St. Mark’s beat Brooks by a final score of 76-62 to move to 22-1 on the season. Stauskas added 16 points in the win. St. Mark’s will open the NEPSAC Class AA playoffs as the 2 seed on Wednesday against Kimball Union.
Stauskas was recently profiled by a local paper:
“Nik is, skill-wise, the most complete player I’ve ever coached,” Lubick said. “Now, we’ve got him defending and rebounding a little, before we send him off to (Michigan coach) John Beilein. So, as a result of that, he’s going to have a chance to actually play right away out there.”
“Right now, my goal is to win a national championship,” Stauskas said. “That’s what I want to do, and personally my goal is to start at shooting guard when I get to Michigan.”
Here’s video of a monster dunk from the Tilton big man earlier this season.
Okonoboh will face off against fellow Michigan recruiting target 2013 big man Dominic Woodson in the opening round of the NEPSAC AA playoffs.
Class of 2013
Zak Irvin – Commit
Irvin had 12 points in a blow out victory over Lafayette Jefferson last week. His Hamilton Southeastern squad drew a very difficult sectional opening match-up with North Central tonight. The two teams split this season and plenty of Division I talent will be on the floor in a match-up of two state championship caliber squads.
Kyle Neddenriep previews all the sectional action around Indianapolis in this podcast or with words and predictions here.
Derrick Walton – Commit
We posted some highlights from Walton’s season to date on Monday.
Walton had 22 points and seven assists in a Chandler Park win last week.
Mark Donnal – Commit
Donnal had 24 points in a one point loss to Napoleon for Anthony Wayne (14-6, 9-5).
Class of 2014/2015 Notes
- Sean Sellers (2014): We posted a Q&A with Sellers yesterday. He added 13 points and 14 rebounds in a win over East Central as Greensburg, the No. 1 Class 3A team in Indiana, moved to 20-0 on the season. Greensburg will open sectionals against Franklin County tomorrow.
- Drake Harris (2014): Harris hit the game winner in a two point win over Holland last week. Harris finished with a team high 12 points in the 50-48 win.
- Grant Evans (2014): Evans had 22 points in a 66-55 win over Shenandoah on Feb. 23rd. Wapahani will face Muncie Burris in sectional action tonight.
- Trevon Bluiett (2014): Park Tudor will open sectional play against Indianapolis Marshall tonight.
- Keita Bates-Diop: Bates-Diop helped Normal U-High to a 44-28 win over Olympia in their Class 2A regional.
- Peyton Allen: Allen scored 20 points to lead Chatham Glenwood to a 52-50 overtime win against Springfield on Friday. Chatham Glenwood opens regional play tonight as the top seed in the Troy Triad Regional.
- Luke Kennard: Kennard led Franklin to an undefeated regular season as a freshman but will face a stern test to open playoff action against Chaminade Julienne tonight.
Notes and disclaimers: Don’t hesitate to pass along articles, scores or other tidbits to firstname.lastname@example.org. Just because a player is not listed here for this particular week doesn’t mean anything other than we couldn’t find a significant update for the week.