- Draft Express has Nik Stauskas at No. 16 in its latest mock draft. Glenn Robinson III is slotted at No. 26 with Mitch McGary at No. 33.
- Some have even ventured a guess that Stauskas be could be a lottery pick, including Jeff Goodman and Chris Mannix: “Michigan guard Nik Stauskas is starting to create chatter amongst NBA talent evaluators. One said he’d take Stauskas over MSU’s Gary Harris”
- Jerry Palm’s way-too-early bracketology has Michigan as a 3-seed in Buffalo, in the West region. Some even have Michigan on the 2-seed line.
- Class of 2016 five-star Tyus Battle plans to visit Michigan on June 7th, 2014.
- Could Mitch McGary return this season? He didn’t necessarily rule it out after the Michigan State game: “I really don’t know right now, it’s too early to tell,” he said Saturday. “It’s possible. But I don’t want to rush into anything.”
- John Gasaway writes that Michigan is ‘Final Four caliber’: “But when a team is 7-0 in the best conference in the country, it suggests to me that the team in question has found ways of working around its unquestioned shortcomings. And in Ann Arbor, that workaround is ridiculous and sensational offense. Admit it: When you see Nik Stauskas go into his shooting motion, you just assume the ball’s going in, don’t you? So do I. So do Michigan opponents at this point. For an offense to score 1.19 points per trip is remarkable. For an offense to do it when 80 of those minutes were played against Iowa and Michigan State is a statement. Opponents will have to score a lot of points against this so-so D to keep up with this amazing offense. That’s what puts them on this list instead of any of their Big Ten rivals (Iowa, Michigan State and Wisconsin included).”
- Nik Stauskas was named Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week. He also grabbed Big Ten Player of the Week honors for the second week in a row. Derrick Walton was named Big Ten Freshman of the Week despite sitting out the majority of Michigan’s win over Iowa.
- Brendan Quinn looks back at John Beilein’s sideline explosion.
- Michigan soars up to No. 8 in ESPN’s Power Rankings.
- Manny Harris was signed to a second 10-day contract with the Los Angeles Lakers. Harris went head to head with Tim Hardaway Jr. on Sunday and both finished with 18 points. Harris is averaging 8.3 points, 3 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game since being called up.
- Trey Burke is ranked third on the NBA.com Rookie Ladder and Tim Hardaway Jr. checks in at No. 6.
- Nebraska kicked No. 3 scorer Deverell Biggs off the team. (Photo: Dustin Johnston)
Tuesday Bullets: NBA Draft, McGary’s back, 5-star planning visit