Michigan heads on the road tonight the first time of the 2019 calendar year. The Wolverines will be looking to knock off Illinois (8:00 p.m., FS1) and keep pace with Michigan State at the top of the conference standings.
Illinois is just 4-11 (0-4 Big Ten) on the season, but has played the 5th most difficult schedule in country. Seven of Illinois’ 11 losses have been by single digits and only one — at home against Florida Atlantic — was against a team outside KenPom’s top 100.
This Illinois team isn’t great, but it hasn’t even played a true home game in conference play and its 4-11 record doesn’t do it justice.
More on Michigan at Illinois:
- Film Room: Previewing Brad Underwood’s spread offense and pressure defense
- The most important things John Beilein said before Michigan-Illinois
- Video Breakdown: How Zavier Simpson impacts Michigan’s defense
- Jordan Poole has arrived, and so has Michigan’s ball screen offense
- Podcast: New Big Ten rankings, same two-horse race
- Video: John Beilein previews Illinois